The McGovern Center Advisory Council (“Council”) provides strategic business advice and links to financial and management resources to support the commercialization of Cornell life science technologies.
The Council functions solely in an advisory capacity. Generally, the Council shall:
- Advise the Center Director on strategies for positioning the Center and Cornell University as a leader in commercialization of life science incubation and seed/early stage commercialization;
- Provide advice, oversight and guidance on Center initiatives and goals;
- Provide detailed technology, market and product commercialization guidance to Center companies;
- Advise the Center Director in setting Center policies (including, but not limited to, standards for admission and graduation for Center companies) and Center rates/fees;
- Review prospective Center company applications and advise the Center Director on acceptance of specific applicants;
- Review and provide input to prospective Center company incubation program proposals, advise the Center Director on the acceptability of such proposals, recommend implementation of acceptable programs, provide oversight of implementation of such programs by the Center Director and staff;
- Assist the Vice Provost for Research (VPR) in hiring the Center Director, advise the VPR on the Director’s performance, and inform the VPR of any concerns regarding the Director’s performance when deemed necessary;
- Perform such other duties as shall be requested by the VPR or the Center Director.
All Advisory Council members shall be appointed by the Vice Provost for Research. All External Council members have to be recommended by the Council.
See the tab on the left for the full list of members.