Download the McGovern Organizational Charter
The mission of the McGovern Center is to foster the development of early-stage Cornell life science startups and, in doing so, will seek return on investment to Cornell faculty/staff/employee inventors and will seek increased/retained employment and economic development for New York State.
The McGovern Center and its staff is committed to operation in a manner that is:
- Transparent and open with respect to program organization and selection methodology
- In the best interest of the University, protective of clients’ privacy and intellectual property
- Collaborative with and complementary to CCTEC, the Institute for Biotechnology and other University support resources
- Consistent with all University’s policies and established practices (link to: Policy on Conflicts, Policy on Inventions and Related Property Rights
- A mutually respectful partnership with our clients
The Center’s goals are to:
- Leverage breadth of expertise developed through the Institute for Biotechnology and CCTEC through organizational alignment;
- Provide clear contact points for investors and corporate contacts, and for inventors and businesses;
- Reduce duplication of effort and increase value of education, outreach, and business planning;
- Incorporate an incubator facility
- Make available entrepreneurial advisory, educational, collaboration, and business planning opportunities extending to the Cornell community.